Hi Tom.

thanks for the full explanation. just going on what you've said though, I'm afraid it sounds as if when you next start on a new game outside your platform engine like the startrek or wrestling one, a different language from C++ may be better?

I personally don't particularly mind downloading dependencies sinse often they are useful for other things (for instance other games), and while security and performance are both important for some programs (I would wager my avg antivirus and tuneup were written in C++), I do find myself wondering how much difference this makes to a game if it makes it so much more difficult and time consuming to program?

Appologies if this seems hars, I know as a none programmer myself it's easy to sit and make judgements, however I will admit i've noticed a tendency that some programmers have (rather like logicians), to do something for reasons of efficiency of code or general structure which makes litle difference to the main user.

Beware the Grue!