Hi ben,

I'm afraid not. The Parser for Lone Wolf is about as simple as it gets
when it comes to creating new levels for a game. If I were going to
add any kind of third-party mission creator for the Star Trek game it
would be far superior to use a scripting language like Angelscript,
VBScript, Javascript, etc, but at the same time several more times
complex for the end user. So if you think the Lone Wolf parcer is too
difficult then I don't think any kind of mission creator will be
possible simply because the LW parser is about as simple as they come,
and it doesn't even offer a tenth of the features a game mission
creator could have if the game could be scripted. This imho is the
flaw with level editors etc.

On one hand I'm dealing with a general public who don't know anything
about programming, and even simple straight forward solutions like a
simple mission parser is too complicated for some end users. At the
same time if I make it too simple to be easy for the majority of end
users then I can't create more complex missions or script a custom AI
etc for each individual mission. If I add a scripting language that
gives everyone including the developer all of the bells and wistles to
customize every aspect of the game I'm going to get complaints that it
is too hard, too complicated, whatever. Basically, it is a lose/lose
situation for developer and end user alike. I'd like to hear your
solution to the problem as I don't see any realistic way to simplify
it any more than David Greenwood did with his mission parser for Lone
Wolf.

Cheers!