Yes, you could do that, and make the mission creater a whole lot easier than
that parser thing (sorry for the spelling) that g m a use

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: 11 July 2011 04:44
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Startrek tng trivia error

Hi Dark,

Yeah, I agree. Like I said earlier I was actually in the processs of
developing such a Star Trek game when I got side tracked with
Montezuma's Revenge, Mysteries of the Ancients, and raceway, etc.

Basically, the game I was creating was similar to Lone Wolf, where you
commanded a single starship, and were sent out on dozens of missions.
It was written in C# .Net, but could certainly be ported to C++.

You know, if you guys would rather see this Lone Wolf Star Trek game I
could develope that instead of Final Conflict II. STFC II is a nice
idea, but I think a game with potentially hundreds of missions etc
would have far more replay value over all. Not only that, it would be
a real time space simulator which we don't really have yet..

On 7/10/11, dark <d...@xgam.org> wrote:
> Hi Tom.
>
> Well personally I like the idea of your own ship much more. You certainly
> have enough startrek sounds to create convincing cutscenes, all that you
> need then are some decent voices for the crew and captain, ---- which
> certainly myself and maybe some other people on list who have sufficiently
> good recording equipment could help with.
>
> Having your own ship also lets you do whatever you want within the various
> battles or other things going on.
>
> for instance, you could have some starting missions patrolling the romulan
> neutral zone, encountering romulan and Klingon ships, then have the borg
> show up.
>
> That angle was actually hinted at in tng, but never fully explored.
>
> Suppose the borg had a tracking base somewhere in the neutral zone
gathering
> information?
>
> You could even then have the ship trapped by transwarp conduit while
> investigating the borg, and end up in the gamma quadrent as well, thus
being
> able to encounter races like the Kaison.
>
> Beware the grue!
>
> Dark.

-----
No virus found in this message.