Dark, I think you're misplacing blame on yourself.  I was following all of the
posts during all of this mess, and I never thought your questions or comments
played any part in how things turned out.  I Still! don't!  To me, it was
pretty clear that you were asking legitimate questions, and when you were given
answers, you responded to them appropriately.  I never saw you arguing, and I
never saw you pushing your own opinions onto others.  The Only! thing that
someone could even possibly point out, is that you made a comment that cross
platform didn't seem like a good enough reason to stick to using C++.  Once you
said your opinion, you simply left it at that.  I think you should come back,
and I'm sure my response will be followed by others that are just as
encouraging.