Hi,

yeah, catching opponents off guard certainly is a good strategy here. As far as I know, there are these standart moves with standart characters which are commonly viewed as strong, weak or even sort of unfair, because you could for example just stand far away from your opponent with Ryu and bombard him with projectiles. The trick here is, to find a remedy against these standart moves, and you gave a good example there with Abel and Yun. That's the thing I like about this game. You get a lot more out of the game with strategic thinking and good knowledge of one or maybe two special characters that you like playing than with mindless button mashing.

Best regards
Sarah