Tom: You hit it right on the head with this post! I really appreciate the progress of MOTA, the fact that we have input into how the game comes out because Thomas Ward is allowing it, and his dedication to see the project he took over to fruition. You're right, also, about the fact that if people don't like what he's developing, they don't have to buy it. Then again, if people who bought Montezuma's revenge from James North, and they don't like how MOTA turns out, then they can hunt for James North and get their money back from the one who took it, or they can chalk the experience of preordering up to a lesson in what not to do in the future. Testing MOTA has been a lot of fun, and the finished product will be a lot more fun. Thanks, Thomas.

---
"Security is not the absence of danger.  It is the presence of the Lord."

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Randall" <kf6...@comcast.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mota beta 22 thoughts

Hi Raul and all.

Here here. I've said it before and I'll say it again I am just darn glad that Thomas chose to take on this project and chose to honor the purchases of the original Montezuma's Revenge and the rest of those of us who paid for the original Montezuma's Revenge should be glad as well or we would have to just write off that 35 bucks or whatever it was. Sure I work and I can afford to kiss off 35 bucks if I have to, but I'd rather not.

I can definitely see what you're saying about the betas but I for one really appreciated them as it at least gave me the assurance that I had paid for something and that it was being worked on and progress was being made. Because I've helped on game development myself I haven't minded that it is slow but it's been real nice to keep up on the progress and actually be able to play the game as it is being worked on.

It was not my intention to sound like a butt head or be too harsh with folks in my last message, but I think that many of the people in this little community of ours simply do not have a clue as to how good we have it with these developers who actually come on this list and listen to us and who seem to feel that just because they have purchased a game the developer is their slave for life. Try going to Capcom or Namco or one of the other big mainstream developers and see how far you get telling them you don't like this or that about their game or you want this or that. You'll get laughed off the phone assuming you are actually able to talk to a live person at all. I am not saying there is not a little room for constructive criticism or input particularly if the developer asks for it but folks need to remember this is the developer's project and not theirs whether they have paid anything for it or not. If you want a game done exactly your way then sit down and learn to program and write one. Me I am too lazy to do that even if I had the time which I don't so I'll offer feedback if it is wanted and check out whatever the developers put out and if I like it enough I'll buy it and if I don't I won't, as a consumer you absolutely have the right to do that.

Game on.

Tom
----- Original Message ----- From: "Raul A. Gallegos" <r...@raulgallegos.com>