To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] castaways: communal enemy.

I completely agree Dark. I want to continue to have a distinct single player campaign that will never require you to play with other people online. The co-op mode will be a multiplayer version of the campaign, but I am also open to giving the co-op mode its own unique mission or 2. Those could be ones intended to be completed as a team, because they are simply too difficult for an individual person to win.

I like the idea of larger houses. I'll consider adding that, but they would of course need to require enough resources so that people almost alway, or always, started out with normal houses and switched over later. If they were too similar in price, I have a feeling most people would never build the smaller ones again simply to save themselves space and the trouble upgrading later. These would be particularly useful on missions like mission 3 where you have an easier time if you have fewer buildings to defend. I'll give it some thought.

Hi Jeremy.

i like this communal enemy idea, but might I suggest rather
tha including it in the single player mission three, which
should afterall at least theoretically be completable by
someone on their own, have a separate mode for it.

In fact if multiplayer in castaways is going to be a
growing thing, then perhaps there need to be new multiplayer
specific missions and modes attached to it separate from
single player.

in fact for me, i'd really like to see the number of jobs
and expantions generally increased before people start
thinking about a full scale multiplayer co op against an
enemy.

for instance the ability to build larger houses holding
more people, the ability to build trade goods, train troops,
generally expand up from the sort of bronze age settlements
we have now into something a bit more empire worthy.

thus, multiplayer would be a cooperation of expanding city
states with a long way to expand too, rather than one or two
villages getting together to bosh the invaders.

that sort of cooperation is one I'd absolutely love to see
in the game.

Beware the grue!