That's true.  I like the idea of expanding the settlement further, but it can
only happen if it will mesh nicely with the current game's foundation.  I have
a strong feeling that most of those ideas would end up being too much trouble,
or too "tacked on" if I tried to add them to this game.  The good thing about
good ideas is that even if they can't be implemented now, there is always
another game that will show up down the road which could have been specifically
designed with those ideas in mind from the start.  Who knows, maybe another
developer will use them, or maybe there will be a Castaways 2 in the future.