I'm in full agreement with you, Chris. Swamp is a raw survivor game. it's not Mario. it's not Tetris. It's not Princess Mononoke on Desert Island. it's a battle of the living against the undead. They will kill you. They will eat you. Would it be realistic for you to be eaten then resurrected fully in tact? I've never understood why people have such a problem with losing things in Swamp. OK. You died. Just try again. maybe it's proof that blind gamers are different from mainstream gamers. I've played Nethack, ADOM, Angband, plenty of Playstation games whose titles might be obscure, Diablo, Baldur's Gate... In most of these games, death is final. They don't usually coddle you with painless death. True, some games have save points, but such games play differently.

I think I'd be very disappointed if Swamp were made less risky. Part of the thrill of Swamp is trying to stay alive!

kai