While a challenging game's all good and fun, and I do agree, death has to mean something, but there has to be a balance- for those who are, 1: Gaming-challenged. and 2: Got a hearing issue as several of us do and have no solution yet. I know Jeremy said he's working on the 2nd, but in the mean time, it's a practice in frustration to be wacked off everytime you start to get somewhere. I'm actually doing alright at the moment, but that's by playing extremely cheap- staying enar the safe zone, everytime my health goes near 50% I run for home and log back in... This is the only way I can find so far to be able to save a bit of loot and not die every 3 minutes. Before you say it, yes I know it's very cheap, and I hate playing chicken- but I can't find any other way atm, what with the bugs and such, to play this without wanting to smash the mouse 100 times and over lol.

Another point, the "being realistic" argument doesn't really jive- first of all, we're fighting...zombies...it's already not realistic. And secondly, if you want this to be "realistic" then you'd die from 2 or 3 zombie bites- infection, bleeding, etc, and not be in there swinging that axe like Conan the barbarian.

Games like Resident Evil and many others at least offer you lockers/item boxes where you can go to store backup items in- so when you die, you just lose things you gain after last time you save. So no, it's not a blind gamer thing, maybe you can chuck it up to some people just don't like the stress as much as some others.

My suggestion for making this a bit more sane is:
1: Maybe a locker/saving system scattered throughout the map, so you don't hav eto hug the safe zone in fear of losing everything you gained the last hour.
or
2: Need mroe healing options... In my 200 kills and about 500 deaths and over 6 hours play time, I've ever only found 3 med kitts- and with the little amount each restore, it's really not enough- considering I've found no armor yet- the only 3 pieces I found went bye bye when a group of zombies greeted me inside a doorway. The zombies do alot of damage- especially a tyrant, I got caught by one and before I could kill it, it left me at 35% health and no med kitt.

All that being said, it's a kick ass game, and I've no doubt that once the bugs are gone, things will even out for everyone- the new patch already solve the zombie-gangbang issue for me and makes this 20 times more enjoyable than a day ago.