Well my mouse is sluggish, even at high setting, If I set sensitivity on my pc to full I get a bit more responce but not much. I have a 50 buck logitech mouse with 8 buttons I will be getting for christmas so we will see.
At 06:23 a.m. 11/12/2011 -0800, you wrote:
I would agree that a sighted gamer will be more prone to taking risks and his decades of using a mouse should allow him to survive situations that might otherwise make zombie chow out of many others. With practice though, everyone else should be able to match the same skill with the mouse and in fact many of you don't seem to have any trouble using it any more at all!

Since your friend is able to play with the graphics enabled, it does give him an advantage. When it comes to identifying the positions of multiple zombies or pieces of loot, he will be able to separate them with the greatest of ease. The same situation might be harder with only audio because when bombarded by lots of sounds at once it is harder to tell where each one is originating from.

There is a flip side to the coin though. Because I knew some people would be helped by the game's graphics, I kept the game pretty fairly zoomed in. This means your friend will have to rely on only audio unless the enemies are within a certain range. That range is only 20 by 20 tiles with himself at the center, meaning if a zombie is 11 tiles east of him he can't see it. The same zombie would be no trouble for the rest of the players but it is much harder for him to pay attention to the sounds if he is relying heavily on his sight to play. I find myself in that same situation haha.