Hi Quentin,

I agree that I should definitely play around with echo, low bypass
filters, and other environmental effects once I get the game written
and basic mechanics in place. However, as far as a library goes
obviously something like FMOD has all the DSP effects right out of the
box, but there are certainly less expensive alternatives. XAudio2, for
example, does have the ability to create custom DSP effects and some
of the more common ones are predefined for you. So I  imagine once I
get things converted to XAudio2 I'll have the ability to tap into some
of those DSP effects.

Cheers!