Hi Dan,

No, that makes perfect sense. I suppose once I get all the game
mechanics etc in place I can play around with the environmental
effects and see if I might add some echo where it would be useful. I
know in Shades of Doom, for example, when you near a wall you here
your footsteps echo. Its a nice indecation that a wall is coming up. I
could probably add something similar for staircases and other objects
that wouldn't necessarily make sound in and of themselves.

Cheers!