Hi dark,

Did they give any indication as to how long it will take for the vi patch to
come up? I mean is he going to act on it quickly?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gamers [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of dark
Sent: 06 October 2012 19:07
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Smugglers 5 Beta released

Hi Darren.

My parents have been hear, and I'vew been out for the day with them, so not
really had time to play, plus, combat is rather impossible at the moment
sinse without special abilities just launching missiles and firing guns
won't do it.

As regards aging, well actually aging has been in both s3 and s4, though
I've only ever died of a heart attack in s3, and that just by running around
the galaxy not absolutely sure of what I was doing.

there is also an anti aging drug I know, but where it is or how to find it
I'm not sure, indeed I think it might have just been in the s3 addon, though
in fairness several things from that addon seem to have made it into s5,
noteably space mines.

I have also seen ship position and primary rounds playing a part in a couple
of the combats I tried, so that if the enemy starts combat before you are
ready they! get a couple of free turns at far distance. This was actually
based on an idea that was discussed on the old nielsbauer forums as a method
of making combat a bit more variable and not just repeating the same actions
again, so I'm very glad it's in the game.

indeed, from what niels has said, variety seems the key thing in s5. Much is
the same as s4, but there is a lot more random stuff added to keep the game
interesting and stop play becoming repetitive, which is naturally something
I'm hugely pleased with, and I can't wait until the patch fixes the combat
icon issue so I can really get my teeth into the game.

Beware the Grue!