I use both.
I don't check forums as often but once a day or twice I do check the various topics on audiogames.net well the latest anyway.

At 08:09 a.m. 7/10/2012 +0100, you wrote:
hi dark,

i doubt that he'd go for a mailing list. that's very much a blindy thing to be honest because people can't be bothered to navigate forums. i still think forums are the best way to go. much easier to control the flow of conversation etc.

Sent from my iPad