On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Bertrand
Delacretaz<bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Noah Slater<nsla...@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...I am thinking about making an incubation proposal for a project I've been
>> wanting to do for a while now. I have list of initial committers and a
>> technical
>> architecture proposal, but no actual code yet....
>
> I would oppose to a podling with no code base and no @apache.org names
> in the list of initial committers - the chances of morphing that into
> a working Apache project would seem to slim to me.

I think this would be a candidate project with no initial committers,
other than the Mentors. All code comes in through JIRA, and applied by
the mentors. After sustained contributions (i.e. when the mentors are
fed up with committing for a specific person), the person becomes a
committer, etc.

Martijn