On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Bertrand
Delacretaz<bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Noah Slater<nsla...@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...I am thinking about making an incubation proposal for a project I've been
>> wanting to do for a while now. I have list of initial committers and a
>> technical
>> architecture proposal, but no actual code yet....
>
> I would oppose to a podling with no code base and no @apache.org names
> in the list of initial committers - the chances of morphing that into
> a working Apache project would seem to slim to me.

I don't understand this, any proposal is going to need some mentors to
get accepted, so if there members of the IPMC are willing to oversee
this, why would you want to add an additional requirement of existing
committers? I thought the idea to incubator was "low entry barrier,
high exit barrier".

Niall