On Aug 7, 2009, at 2:17 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Bertrand
Delacretaz<bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:

I would oppose to a podling with no code base and no @apache.org names
in the list of initial committers - the chances of morphing that into
a working Apache project would seem to slim to me.

I agree, and with one or more committers, Labs is open for business.
Now, it could be that the non-ASFers will be major contributors in
non-bulk manner (i.e. patches are too burdensome), in which case I
don't think we have a solution here and I would suggest Google Code,
GitHub or SourceForge as the bootstrapping hosting solution.

I think that is very sad. Our goal is to grow communities that develop software using "the Apache way". Sending them somewhere else so they can come back later when they are a bit more mature is a great way to get them to never come back.

A solution to this is for Noah to create 4 or 5 bogus bits of code and call that the original code base to start from.

Ralph