On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Niall
Pemberton<niall.pember...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Bertrand
> Delacretaz<bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...I would oppose to a podling with no code base and no @apache.org names
>> in the list of initial committers - the chances of morphing that into
>> a working Apache project would seem to slim to me.
>
> I don't understand this, any proposal is going to need some mentors to
> get accepted, so if there members of the IPMC are willing to oversee
> this, why would you want to add an additional requirement of existing
> committers? I thought the idea to incubator was "low entry barrier,
> high exit barrier"....

I was imagining a bunch of unknown people coming up with a vague idea
for a project, and no code...to that would seem too risky to warrant
dedicating resources to a podling.

Now, if mentors were enthusiastic about that podling, why not...that's
kind of a rethorical question anyway, as in the present case Noah
indicates that there is a group of experienced people.

Let's see their proposal then, but from what I've seen in this thread
I'm positive about it.

-Bertrand