Noah Slater wrote:

> I checked the incubation rules, but couldn't find any mention of this rule.
> Our
> hopes were that we could start from scratch as a podling, and grow the code
> along with the community. Is this going to be possible?

It's not mentioned because there is no such rule.  Draw up a proposal.

There is a bottom line of how few initial committers must sign on.  Some of
the efforts couldn't attract enough committers, so they formed labs for the
members to work on individual efforts until they were sustainable and could
attract a community.