On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2012, at 10:13 AM, Patrick Hunt wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
>> wrote:
> public class MySQLManager
>    extends org.apache.sqoop.manager.MySQLManager {
>
>  public MySQLManager(final SqoopOptions opts) {
>    super(opts);
>  }
>
> }
>
> If all the code is like this it is absolutely ridiculous to have this at
> Apache and not Cloudera.

This is a code issue, which is up the the team
(committers/pmc/community) doing the work. If they want to include
such code it's up to them. They are doing the work.

What's really at issue here is whether all (java) code at Apache MUST
be under org.apache.* package structure or not. afaik there is
currently no such requirement. If Apache decides to make it a
requirement then great, I'm sure the Sqoop team will make the
necessary changes.

We should also give Arvind and the rest of the Sqoop community some
indication how to proceed, given the voting period is completed.

Patrick