Hi all...

   I don't think that anyone here is trying to underestimate or saying
anything bad about Sqoop in general or about Cloudera people in particular.

And I agree on the point that this vote was more about evaluating whether
the Sqoop community succeeded to adapt to the Apache way of doing open
source software or not, and I still believe that they did very good job. So
lets not get into this by any how!!!

On the other hand, I totally respect that Cloudera's interest to support
their customers and provide backword compatibility, but this is *not* the
point at all, the point is this *should* not, and even allow me to say this
is *must* not be the problem of Apache, and yes I agree with the opinion
that this is a matter to be decided by Sqoop team but not to make Apache's
problem. So also let not get more into this!!!

Even if there is no explicit rules about that, which is something I really
have to look into, again I believe it shouldn't be Apache's problem and if
thats the case the relevant documents should be updated and on behalf on
others, sorry if I am speaking in name of others here, but I thank the
Sqoop team to bring that issue so we know that we need to make things more
clear and precise which is also the role of IPMC as part of Apache.

IMHO lets be pragmatic and cut into the chase and seek answers and
solutions. As I stated before, but I still didn't get any answers, how much
of work this needs to get it done ?

I will assume two available answers:

1- It can be done before the next board meeting and hence there is no
problem at all and the vote still valid.
2- If not, we have two options:
  2.1 We still make the vote valid but Mentors they *must* make sure that
such issue is resolved as a checklist item of the graduation process steps,
which I would prefer
  2.2 Vote is cancelled and required changes are discussed by the PPMC
preparing for the next vote iteration

I would urge all involved to focus on these options or other options if
available, the whole purpose here is to make things better, to make Apache
way better and more clear which is not only the role of IPMC but it is the
role of everyone involved with Apache including Sqoop community itself,
which I am sure they are willing to help as much as possible.

Sorry for the long e-mail :)

Looking forward to your reply!

--
Thanks