On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Arvind Prabhakar <arv...@apache.org>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Arvind Prabhakar <arv...@apache.org
> >wrote:

> a...@toolazydogs.com>
> >> my opinion that there
> >> the work.  Complete

> the

> >> Thanks Jukka. In fact, Sqoop already has a plan in place to completely
> >> remove com.cloudera.* namespace from its contents via the next major
> >> revision of the product. The work for that has already started and
> >> currently exists under the branch sqoop2 [3], tracked by SQOOP-365
> >> [4]. We hope that in a few months time, we will have feature parity in
> >> this branch with the trunk, which is when we will promote it to the
> >> trunk.
> >>
> >> [3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sqoop/branches/sqoop2/
> >> [4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-365

> task
> >>
> >> This sounds like a great solution that addresses the concern and does
> >> not unduly penalize the Sqoop project.
> >>

> > You really should not be seeing this as being penalized. It's not about
> > that.
>
> The penalty I reference is for the Sqoop community which will be
> impacted by incompatible changes you are suggesting.

I'm sure you can rectify that. It was stated that Scoop has a branch to do
just that in a couple months.

> I appreciate your feedback, and request that you keep the discussion
> relavant to the issue at hand without making references like "Cloudera
> people come out of the woodwork".

Sorry to disappoint but this is something relavant. You think I want to
point this out and get people all riled up? It's just hard to ignore. I'm
speaking my mind and expressing my concerns.

> Please understand that we interact
> with Apache as individual contributors and committers. Such references
> undermine our efforts and are honestly insulting to everyone who has
> spent hours on delivering the product.

Your hypersensitivity is not my problem.

Oh the other hand, that's certainly NOT my intention either. This is an
observation, perhaps a suspicion. Nothing meant to jibe.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex