On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
<nour.moham...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, I totally respect that Cloudera's interest to support
> their customers and provide backword compatibility, but this is *not* the
> point at all, the point is this *should* not, and even allow me to say this
> is *must* not be the problem of Apache, and yes I agree with the opinion
> that this is a matter to be decided by Sqoop team but not to make Apache's
> problem. So also let not get more into this!!!

Or course this is Apache's problem. You can't have your cake and eat
it too. If you accept code for a project you accept the community as
well. Say Apache accepts a project like Open Office, should we ignore
the existing community and not concern ourselves with backward
compatibility for that project as well, because the original code
wasn't birthed at Apache?

Patrick