Yes your logic is flawed- what you are actually
arguing for is majority voting not consensus voting,
and bringing the criterion down from 100% to
75% only helps mitigate your concerns.

As Doug points out, votes are structured away
from the status quo- we don't ever vote to
continue on with previously agreed to issues
just to circumvent the voting process.