On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:26 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2013, at 1:20 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> ...Chris proposes that this
>>> committee recommend its own demise to the board, to be replaced, in
>>> large part, by the board itself. Every board member who has been heard
>>> from so far has been less than enthusiastic...
>>
>> That's my case, and I'm not interested in arguing this much more -
>> deconstructing the Incubator PMC does not look like a good idea to me,
>> both as a board member and as an ASF member.
>
> I am interested in graduating podlings into TLPs when ready. I think the
> incubator is an excellent place that has done tremendous efforts in
> fulfilling the mission of the ASF - software for the public good.
>
> It pains me to continue to read Chris's continual efforts to disband. It is
> wearying and demotivating.

Chris is jumping towards the end result. Don't get upset by that. The
simpler answer: *try* his new approach on a singular podling basis.
That can run in parallel to the Incubator.

The Board can easily absorb one "special incubation" project. There is
an entirely separate discussion of what that really means, how much
Board-offloading is performed, what kinds of mentoring/input is
provided, etc. But the short answer is that we can run trials
*without* dismantling the Incubator.

Consider it.

Cheers,
-g