Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

>On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Santiago Gala wrote:
>
>>I'm ready to give +1 to people nominated which are missing them, but I
>>could not find any posting telling if +1 are required, or are just to be
>>considered a form of moral support.
>>

>>Could anybody clarify?
>>

>Personally: I do not care much for seconding - just that the person
>accepts - simple voting is the true test in my personal opinion. And in a
>crowd as vocal as this I trust that issues are raised in time to make sure
>that seconding is non essential filtering mechanism.
>
>But that is a personal opinion - not the nessesarily shared by the voting
>volunteers opinion of that of the board or pmc.
>
>So for next time 2003 - you have some options.
>
>1-     No seconding needed - just acceptance.

I would support 1. My concern was because I had seen people with no +1,
and I wanted every nominee having the opportunity to get voted. I felt
like I was spoiling my "+1" by not using them. :)

I don't think veto is right. Vetoes should be handled in the ballot. I
mean, I can argue someone is not the right person, but this should not
automatically discard them. The nomination mechanism is already giving a
filter on who will be proposed. The ability to veto could become a
problem if/when there are fighting fractions in the nominating group.