On Thu, 2 May 2002, Bill Barker wrote:

> +1
> Unless Costin's proposal is to kick it up to the Apache PMC, then all the

I only made a comment that I think a larger scope for the project would
be usefull.

Many jakarta projects are out of scope ( or at least doing many things
that are hardly related with the original scope ).

I bet that the project will expand - from OODB to maybe XML and who knows
what. I'm sure it'll have at least one db connection pool. Taking this
into account from start would be a good idea, and reducing the pressure
on other projects would also be good.

That's up to the commiters - they drafted a proposal that was aproved,
I think it is still possible to resubmit the proposal with a wider
scope, if they want to ( and probably will get the votes ).
Or just keep it the way it is - they already have the project aproved.

Any further discussion from our part is indeed useless - I'm not
a commiter to that project, I didn't make the proposal - I just made
a sugestion to the proposal's author.

Costin