On Thu, 02 May 2002, Geir Magnusson, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Costin suggested, and I supported, that a subproject of wider scope
> be created to allow the collection of similar technologies into one
> larger subcommunity.

First of all, I like the idea.  But in general I think this should not
be something we (we as in general@jakarta) should decide but the
committers of the current (sub(sub))projects that would make up this
new subproject had to decide.

If the people working on Torque, commons-dbcp or the Avalon database
stuff (I'm sure I'm missing something) as well as the people of
Onjectbridge want to create this new subproject, I'll be all for it -
but it should be their decision IMHO.

Stefan