Pros:
- Tomcat pmc will be responsible for all its actions and decisions
- Report directly to board every quarter
- No meddling from outsiders (jakarta-general folks and others (read
jakarta pmc) from the peanut gallery :)
- Top Level domain - http://tomcat.apache.org/
- One of pmc members can become a VP
- Tomcat committers (via pmc) will have full control over all affairs
including what to name the thingy :)

Cons:
- Can't think of any off the top of my head.

-- dims