----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Colebourne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jakarta General List" <general@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: Jakarta Apache Tomcat as a TLP ?

> From: "Henri Gomez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Well I'd like to know the pros and cons of Tomcat being TLP.
> >
> > As I said in tomcat-dev, it was proposed when ant became TLP and at
> > this time the consensus was to stay under jakarta umbrella.
> >
> > What motivate the move to TLP now.
>
> Currently, Tomcat developers are having to take time away from their main
> task (coding) to answer management issues raised by Jakarta. This raises
the
> question of whether Tomcat is big enough and mature enough to manage these
> issues itself, without the involvement of Jakarta.

Great.  Now this thread has moved from JBoss-bashing to dissing the entire
Tomcat community.

I'm looking forward to your involvement on tomcat-dev so that we can all
know that Tomcat has the proper adult supervision.

> For example, in this case, if Tomcat were a TLP, it seems likely (based on
> emails to the thread from Tomcat committers) that this PR release would
have
> been a non-issue.
>
> Stephen

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of
this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through
the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information,
such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification
numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.