On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 01:45 +0300, Markos Chandras wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 May 2009 23:45:14 AllenJB wrote:
[..snip..]
> I am sure there are some developers which can offer a great amount of time to
> help/revibe slacking or dead projects ( e.g. userrel, newsletters etc ). The
> thing is that leadership on several projects is inactive hence users or devs
> who are willing to help are getting demotivated. It would be really nice each
> individual project to perform a clean up like:
>
> 1) have an internal discussion about its goals and future
> 2) Remove dead members and elect a new leader if necessary
> 3) Update the page
> 4) Publish its status
> 5) Assist for help is necessary
>
> Looking 'active' is very important to attract new people to project.
>
> Is this so hard?

This is a really good idea, and I think that such an operation should be
performed (and perhaps even enforced as a yearly or twice-yearly thing).
The only issue I have with the idea is that projects with dead members
and slacking leaders are unlikely to perform such a task, so you'll
never get any updates from them, so devs will be demotivated to work on
$project, and thus we enter the vicious cycle again...

welp