On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 12:29:33PM +0000, Duncan wrote:
> "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" <hk...@gentoo.org> posted
> 4a02a0e7.5050...@gentoo.org, excerpted below, on  Thu, 07 May 2009
> 10:50:47 +0200:
> I've seen a few replies from the (rare) Gentoo dev as well, indicating
> they basically don't do IRC either, just mail, tho it is quite rare, and
> it would seem, likely to go extinct in Gentoo before its time, since
> evidently those devs have no skills considered worth recruiting any
> more.  I'd call that a shame as that's a potentially large skills and
> talent bank Gentoo's about to pass on, but what's a man to do, other than
> make the point as best he can? <shrug>

It seems to me you're on a irc-hate rampage. There are many devs who
rarely, if ever, go on irc. The _only_ requirement is that  you conduct
a real-time interview with a recruiter. It's sort of like a job
interview only it's remote. Once you're a dev you don't have to go on
irc _at all_. It's not going to kill you to do two reviews on irc,
especially given the advantages various people have presented for a
real-time interview.

Regards,
Thomas
--