On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 1:22 PM Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 2019-07-20 at 23:04 +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:

> > > Could you please read the proposed policy?  It explicitly says you are
> > > *not* supposed to force extra deps on users but build manpages for them.
> >
> > Could you please what the other developers have already replied to
> > you on this matter? This will be a significant increase in
> > maintenance burden for both developers and advanced users without
> > much to gain.
> >

> Yes, I get it.  User experience is not important if it would mean
> developers would actually do anything but the bare minimum to get
> from one paycheck to another.  The usual Gentoo attitude.

I don't understand your reaction, but it's very common with
predictable steps to generate it:

  1) You make a proposal
  2) People offer feedback and ask questions
  3) You respond combatively (or not at all), as if you are upset that
people perhaps are not 100% aligned with your view.

... which honestly shouldn't be at all unexpected and is precisely why
requesting comments on a proposal is valuable.

My question earlier in the thread is relevant and still unaddressed.