On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 00:05:03 -0500, Dale wrote:

> That's a 3TB drive.  I don't have anything big enough to back it up to.

Then either your data is not important to you or you need to get another
drive ASAP. Meanwhile, you could start backing up the most important data.

> Is there anyway to find out if this error is really serious or just a
> run of the mill type error?

Whenever I have seen this behaviour, it was soon followed by total drive
failure, even to the point that the computer would not boot with that
drive connected.

--
Neil Bothwick

WinErr 003: Dynamic linking error - Your mistake is now in every file