On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 09:02:45PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote

> > And I recommend that you do *not* set ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 unless you
> > are prepared for the consequences.
>
> WHAT CONSEQUENCES!?
>
> I've asked on multiple occassions for a comparison to a Debian
> paradigm.  My first distro was Debian.  So a comparison to Debian
> would do me a world of good.

  Gentoo ~x86 (or ~whatever) is roughly equivalant to a mix of Debian
"Testing" and "Unstable".  A package may be ~ simply because it hasn't
been tested enough yet to certify as stable.  Or it may be horribly
broken.  Or somewhere in between.  If you were comfortable running
Debian unstable, you'll be comfortable running Gentoo ~x86.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca