Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 15:53:20 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>

>> I'm not gonna duplicate what I wrote.  Read it again :P
>>

> Repeating something does not increase its validity. You stated that
> Gentoo needs a GUI installer. The number of people using it without one
> shows that is simply not true.
>
> You want one, that much is clear, but Gentoo does not *need* one.

I agree.  I got a CD with the installer on it here somewhere.  I always
boot with the gentoo nox option to disable the thing.  By the time that
thing loads up I can mount my partitions and edit a file that needs
changing and be back out again.  I'm not sure that the GUI really makes
anything "easier" either.  You still have the learning curve to deal
with after the CD is gone.

Basically, if you use the CD installer, you are still pretty much
clueless when it comes to what is under the hood of Gentoo.  Without it,
you have learned several things that come in handy later on for sure.

I'm not totally against it but I don't really see any need for it either.

Dale

:-)  :-)