I've use the --pid-recursive option with a series pid for multiple podcast
series and the individual episodes certainly do not have different pids from
those already downloaded. My scheduled GiP runs just download the latest
episodes. If you are experiencing episodes being downloaded time and again the
I would suggest you either have the --force option on somewhere or your
download history is being cleared.

Andy