Well, I strongly dislike having an eraser tool that
behaves differently based on a property of an image
you can't even see.  It really stinks.

What I'd prefer to see is a "replace color" paint tool
that can handle bgs or any other layer the way eraser
works now on a bg layer.

Keeping the user experience the same between versions
is not a good thing when the user experience sucks.

Seth