Hi,

Kelly Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Why should we expect the GTK+ developers to keep their HEAD revision
> compilable at every moment?  That is a completely unreasonable
> expectation in the first place.  If I were a GTK+ developer I would be
> asking that you NOT do what you're proposing because it creates
> pressure on them to keep their HEAD "workable" at all times instead of
> doing what they need to do in order to further their own development.

you are obviously not well informed about the current state of GTK+-2.0.
The announcement of the latest releases (1.3.6 is the latest, 1.3.7 should
be out pretty soon) had the following note:

  This release is meant for:

   * Those interested in the development of GTK+.
   * People planning to port to the upcoming GTK+-2.0 version of GTK+.

     Note: the API is mostly frozen at this point. Major API changes
     beyond the remaining open '2.0 API freeze' bugs in bugzilla are
     unlikely to occur before GTK+-2.0 is released.

Now this is about five weeks ago and the API has been frozen in the
meantime. The 1.3.7 release should give everyone a working and reasonably
stable version to work with.

As said, we use it every day for months now and I can only vaguely remember
the one or two days when GLib, Pango, ATK and GTK+ from CVS HEAD didn't
built out of the box.

Salut, Sven