From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: 05 Dec 2001 14:15:42 +0100

   what would be the additional features you have in mind here? I
   don't see any advantange in relying on advanced capabilities in the
   help browser. I agree however that shipping the HTML with the
   sources is not a perfect solution. Converting at installation time
   is an option, but then it adds a new requirement to the build
   environment and I doubt that a lot of people have a working
   featureful XSLT processor installed. It is probably a good idea to
   continue to do the conversion when packaging the help tarball (on
   'make dist').

Gimp-print generates the HTML (and .pdf, and .ps) manuals at packaging
time.  The docbook toolchain seems to be incredibly fragile; different
versions of tools emit different warnings and/or fail in different
ways.  I would not recommend requiring the docbook toolchain at
compile time.

Robert Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Project lead for Gimp Print/stp --

--Eric Crampton