Hi:

This is the doc I have now. Any comments? Suggestions? Fixes?

Global ideas for this:

- Use common keys first (letters, numbers, Shift, Control)

- Use Alt but not alone, to allow _Foo with Alt+F, and not the first
  thing to use

- Try to make rules, by mnemonics (C-q) or by pure tradition (C-z)

- Use Shift for related (negative, special) cases if possible, and
  only for unrelated if not usage found

- Remove rarely used keys to avoid getting crowded but as this is a
  pro tool, it is not the first thing I am going to do (those who are
  cut happy should check the number of combos in other pro tools and
  how many times they are used once the user is working and not
  playing)

- Leave Fkeys for user (have fun with yellow notes ;] )

Global functions and keys:

Hide and unhide extras          Tab

Show image menu                 Space [New, cool for tablets or in general]
                                      [ to allow menu invocation from     ]
                                      [ keyboard, anytime                 ]

Menus:

<Toolbox>> [Suggestion: make it a single root item like image menu?]
           [ That would be a bit rare, but would make all fit fine ]
           [ Could be named "Menu [>]" and give hint for "[>]"     ]
           [ Yes, I am mad and I will get flamed by GUI purists but]
           [ think about the space we get, and the standarization, ]
           [ all menus would be vertical and "[>]" is taught       ]
    File>
        New...                  Ctrl+N
        Open...                 Ctrl+O
        Open Recent>
            1. filename [No keybindings, they change a lot, also see zooms]
            2. filename
            n. filename
        ---
        Aquire>
            Screen Shot...
            Scan...
        ---
        Preferences
        ---
        Dialogs>
            Layer.......
        ---
        Quit                    Ctrl+Q
    Xtns>
        Module Browser...
        DB Browser...
        Plug-in Details...
        Unit Editor...
        Script-Fu>
        Web Browser>
    Tools>
        Default Colors          D
        Swap Colors             X
        ---
        Color Picker            O
        Magnify                 Shift+M
        Measure
        Paint>
            Bucket Fill         Shift+B
            Blend               L
            Pencil              Shift+P
            Paintbrush          P
            Eraser              Shift+E
            Airbrush            A
            Clone               C
            Convolve            V
            Ink                 K
            Dodge or Burn       Shift+D
            Smudge              Shift+S
        Selection>
                Rectangle               R
                Ellipse                 E
                Free                    F
                Fuzzy                   Z
                Bezier                  B
                Intelligent Scissors    I
        Text                    T
        Transform>
            Move                M
            Crop and Resize     Shift+C
            Transform           Shift+T
            Flip                Shift+F
    Dialogs>
        Layer, Channels and Paths       Shift+Alt+L
        Tool Options...
        ---
        Brushes...              Shift+Alt+B
        Patterns...             Shift+Alt+P
        Gradients...            Shift+Alt+G
        Palettes...             Shift+Alt+P
        ---
        Input Devices...
        Device Status...
        ---
        Document Index...
        Error Console...
        Undo History...
    Help>
        Help...                 F1
        Context Help...         Shift+F1
        Tip of the Day...
        About...
<Image>> [Suggestion: tooltip "Image menu" when over "[>]"]
    File>
        New...                  Ctrl+N
        Open...                 Ctrl+O
        Revert...
        ---
        Save                    Ctrl+S
        Save As...              Shift+Ctrl+S
        Save Copy As...
        ---
        Print...                Ctrl+P
        Mail Image...
        ---
        Close                   Ctrl+W
        Quit                    Ctrl+Q
    View>
        Zoom In                 + [Yes, changed, a bit more logical, no?]
        Zoom Out                -
        Zoom Presets>
                      [One linear vs one with mod. Still dunno which one  ]
                      [ One is more compact and provides some hints based ]
                      [ in powers of 2                                    ]
                      [ The second is more linear, not so easy to remember]
                      [ or center hand, but linear                        ]
                      [ I vote for first, you always have key 1 located   ]
                      [ 5 would be a more complex, IMHO                   ]
                      [ Some people want to numbers for brushes, so lets  ]
                      [ talk about it, I think brushes need more things   ]
            16:1                5               1
            8:1                 4               2
            4:1                 3               3
            2:1                 2               4
            1:1                 1               5
            1:2                 Ctrl+2          6
            1:4                 Ctrl+3          7
            1:8                 Ctrl+4          8
            1:16                Ctrl+5          9
      T Dot for Dot
        ---
        Info Window             Shift+Alt+I
        Nav Window              Shift+Alt+N
        ---
      T Toggle Layer Borders    Ctrl+Y
      T Toggle Selection        Ctrl+T
      T Toggle Guides           Shift+Ctrl+T
        ---
      T Toggle Rulers           Shift+Alt+R
      T Toggle Statusbar        Shift+Alt+S
        ---
        Shrink Wrap             Ctrl+E
        New View                Shift+Alt+E
    Edit>
        Undo                    Ctrl+Z
        Redo                    Ctrl+Shift+Z
        ---
        Cut                     Ctrl+X
        Copy                    Ctrl+C
        Paste                   Ctrl+V
        Paste Into
        Paste as New
        ---
        Cut with Name           Shift+Ctrl+X
        Copy with Name          Shift+Ctrl+C
        Paste with Name         Shift+Ctrl+V
        ---
        Clear                   Ctrl+K
        Fill with FG Color      Ctrl+,
        Fill witg BG Color      Ctrl+.
        ---
        Repeat & Duplicate      [What does?]
        Copy Visible            [Where did I get this thing?]
    ---
    Image>
        Mode>
            RGB                 Shift+Alt+R
            Grayscale           Shift+Alt+G
            Indexed             Shift+Alt+I
            ---
            Compose
            Decompose
        Transform>
            Rotate 90 degrees
            Rotate 180 degrees
            Rotate 270 degrees
            ---
            Autocrop
            Guillotine
        ---
        Canvas Size...
        Scale Image...
        Duplicate
        ---
        Flatten Image
    Layers>
        New...                  Shift+Ctrl+N
        Edit Attributes...
        Duplicate               Shift+Ctrl+D
        Delete                  Shift+Ctrl+E
        Stack>
            Previous Layer      U [Up up up, and is above J, so "translates"]
            Next Layer          J [Looks like a down arrow... my vi trick]
            Raise Layer         Ctrl+U
            Lower Layer         Ctrl+J
            Layer to Top        Shift+Ctrl+U
            Layer to Bottom     Shift+Ctrl+J
        ---
        Layer Bounday Size...
        Scale Layer...
        Layer to Imagesize
        Transform>
            Rotate 90 degrees
            Rotate 180 degrees
            Rotate 270 degrees
            ---
            Offset...           Shift+Ctrl+O
            Zealous Crop
        ---
        Merge                   Ctrl+M
        Merge Down              Shift+Ctrl+M
        ---
        Add Mask
        Apply Mask
        Discard Mask            [Old name was Delete]
        Mask to Selection
        ---
        Add Alpha Channel
        Alpha to Mask           [NEW, and useful, no more Alpha^2]
        Alpha to Selection
        ---
        Align Visible Layers...
        Center Layer