Raphaël Quinet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The problem with this solution is that it will prevent the help system
> from ever working in a standard browser.

Right, that's the point that I dislike as well. It would be nice if
the help pages could be readable online. It should however not be too
difficult to convert the special links.
> Well, <link /> is part of XHTML, but it is only allowed inside <head>.
> If you want to add a cross-reference, the best element to choose would
> be <a>, even if you use it with non-standard attributes.

We could use <a/> for all links and mark external links with a special
attribute. That would make it work for all web-browser (although some
links wouldn't resolve properly).