On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 09:53:35AM +0100, David Neary wrote:

> > Today a few of us were talking about this on IRC, and a couple of
> > concrete proposals came up. Well, more sandy-water proposals at
> > the moment...
> A 4th possibility to add to the mix...
> 4) Dublin, Ireland

5) Chemnitz, Germany

There will be "Chemnitzer Linux-Tag 2004" (Chemnitz Linux Day 2004) on
6th and 7th of March 2004.

Pros and cons:
+ free access to university network (incl. WLAN)
- only 2 days (is this a k.o. criterion?)
- I'm not sure whether there are rooms left (but I guess so)
+ we're planning low-cost accomodation anyway
- Chemnitz isn't very easy to get to (you'd need to fly to Dresden, then
  go by train)
+ probably not too much to organize additionally
- no idea who might sponsor the traveling costs
+/- some GNOME and/or KDE people will be there

Bye, Tino.