Hi Tino,

Tino Schwarze wrote:
> 5) Chemnitz, Germany
> There will be "Chemnitzer Linux-Tag 2004" (Chemnitz Linux Day 2004) on
> 6th and 7th of March 2004.

March seems a little early to me - that means only 3 months to
organise the event, including sponsorship. Plus, with 2.0 before
Christmas, 2.2 won't be before June, and I would have liked to
see GimpCon 04 celebrate its release.

> Pros and cons:
> - only 2 days (is this a k.o. criterion?)

Not at all... guadec is also only 2 days, but people could come
before/stay after to do some work. In fact, with guadec being
Monday and Tuesday, I think that's the GNOME plan.

Thanks Tino, it's an idea, it's on the list. For me the big down
point is that it's very soon, though.

       David Neary,
       Lyon, France