Let me clarify a bit.

Carol Spears wrote:
> to find out that 1) the trip was funded and 2) dsrogers went without a
> plan of what he would say or do there.  i am simply unable to explain
> more than this.

When I heard about the comdex thing, I assumed that there was
finding from O'Reilly. The fact that there wasn't surprises (and
disappoints) me. And let me emphasise that this is a completely
different issue to fundraising for a gimp conference.

dsrogers asked for help to organise a presentation at short notice
to the list. As far as I know, he got several good ideas of things
to show off there.

       David Neary,
       Lyon, France