Hi Sven,

Sven Neumann wrote:

True enough - drag'n'drop and gimp-remote are very useful
here. Personally I tend to drag'n'drop from GQView into The GIMP - but
the usefulness of DnD is hampered in stock Gnome by the impossibility
of turning off click-to-front.

Right-click any image in gwview and choose Edit->in The GIMP (or Ctrl-1).

Yep, I do that too. But surely we should be trying to maximise the usability of the dialogs rather than merely suggesting that people don't use them?

(Not that I'm complaining about the Open dialog :) )

But the entry does support entering absolute paths directly.

Oh good. I'm a few versions behind on my Linux machine because I don't currently have time to update GTK, FreeType and everything else :)

I already said that it could be done but that I am not convinced that
it is a change to the better.

I'm not suggesting that it should always be open - just that it should remember its last status.

I would personally find that a huge improvement; somehow not being able to see "where" in the filesystem you are is a bit disorienting.

All the best,
Alastair M. Robinson