"Alastair M. Robinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can only speak for myself, of course, but personally, I end up
> unfolding the directory view perhaps 90-95% of the times I used the
> dialog.  The only time I generally don't need to expand the directory
> view is if I'm just saving off an existing image in a different file format.

I have the opposite experience : I tend to group images of a drawing
session / photo manipulations session in one directory, so when I save
my first image I unfold the directory view to pick a bookmark and
create a subdirectory in it, but from then every new save will only
need the folded dialog, which is small and uncluttered, to my liking.

--
Karine Delvare
http://edhel.nerim.net/