On Sunday 19 June 2005 20:17, Sven Neumann wrote:
> The point of the expander is to hide the UI elements that you are
> unlikely going to use. Now if the dialog would remember this state
> and since I don't expect users to ever collapse the expander again,
> that would basically make the expander be open all the time, thus
> rendering it pointless.

The obvious solution is to add a small "sticky" pin which one can click
to nail the thing open (or closed, if the app starts it open) when it
gets irritating.

But then, IIRC, this goes against a GNOME policy of having all such
things in a config program somewhere.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia