Hi,

"Alastair M. Robinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Yep, I do that too.  But surely we should be trying to maximise the
> usability of the dialogs rather than merely suggesting that people
> don't use them?

In the long run, file dialogs and file locations in general should
become something that the normal user would never have to use.

>> I already said that it could be done but that I am not convinced
>> that it is a change to the better.
>
> I'm not suggesting that it should always be open - just that it
> should remember its last status.

The point of the expander is to hide the UI elements that you are
unlikely going to use. Now if the dialog would remember this state and
since I don't expect users to ever collapse the expander again, that
would basically make the expander be open all the time, thus rendering
it pointless.

Sven